Doxa only

Doxa komt morgen met iets nieuws! :grin: :100:

4 likes

Nou ik wacht kalm af. Rick Marei maakt geen onderdeel meer uit van Doxa, hij is diegene die verantwoordelijk was voor de hele revival. Een horloge verzamelaar en liefhebber van Doxa subs. Hij was al weg en niet meer betrokken bij de ontwikkeling van de sub200.

1 like

Hierbij voorbeelden van de nieuwe modellen, gaat om nieuwe chrono varianten van de sub200

5 likes

Ben zelf geen liefhebber van de gewone sub200 serie maar deze versie zien er erg interessant uit .

Edit en dan in mijn geval de gele, of toch de oranje… of de zwarte :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

3 likes

Eigenlijk een beetje simpel alleen de duikring is herkenbaar.
Maar zeker niet lelijk en mooie band.

1 like

M.i. iets te druk ten opzichte van de reguliere Sub 200. Daarnaast ook een flink prijs verschil: Ruim 2x duurder dan de 200. (990 EUR versus 2250 EUR).

1 like

Chronos zijn een stuk duurder klopt en de drukte maakt het juist weer een doxa waardige in de 200 serie, de gewone sub200 vindt ik … :zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face: Maar goed, diverse meningen maakt het HF juist mooi

1 like

Merk dat ik laatste tijd steeds meer naar verschillende Doxa’s aan het kijken ben en ben erg gecharmeerd van dit merk.

Ben vervolgens dan wel weer te conservatief om een ‘echte’ Doxa te kopen, dus zou graag beetje in het pierenbadje willen beginnen met een sub200.

Vraag is;
Is er een mogelijkheid in NL deze ergens te passen?
&
Is er iemand die iets kan zeggen over de 42mm. Heb zelf nog nooit groter dan 40mm gedragen in de vorm van een Oris 65 en ben bang dat 42 mm iets te groot zou zijn voor mij…

Alvast bedankt

Ik vind de chronograaf op de ‘200’ een totaal overbodige complicatie op een echte duiker.

2 likes

Nee, nergens in NL een mogelijkheid om 'm te passen helaas (behalve bij een HF’er) - ik heb 'm op basis van plaatjes en reviews besteld via de Doxa website. Doxa’s EU distributiecentrum zit in Duitsland dus je hoeft geen belasting en invoerrechten te betalen. Mocht hij je niet bevallen, dan zou je hem dus kunnen retourneren!

M.b.t. de 42 mm (41 dacht ik?) - hij draagt een stuk kleiner vanwege de korte lug-to-lug. Op mijn kleine/gemiddelde pols valt het absoluut mee en voelt hij ongeveer even groot aan als een 39mm Timex Q.

6 likes

Kijk, uit Duitsland dat scheelt inderdaad weer.

Qua maat valt het mij inderdaad mee. Bedankt voor de foto’s :grin::ok_hand:t2:

1 like

Tja maar ook echte duikers worden gedragen op leer. Niet alles gaat over of het nodig is en of het qua functie erbij past. Soms is het gewoon de looks.

edit: En het past in de lijn van Doxa die vroeger al de T graphs chrono duikers lijn had.

Dit ben ik helemaal met je eens.

Ik ben persoonlijk niet zo onder de indruk van de Sub 200 C-Graph, voor zover ik het van de plaatjes kan beoordelen.
De 300T daarentegen, zou ik me nog wel om mijn pols kunnen voorstellen.

2 likes

Zie net zelfs 2650 euro voor rubber en 2690 voor staal. (Doxa site)

Vind het wel een knap ding maar geen 2690 euro knap ding. De gewoon sub 200 is prijs technisch juist zo interessant voor het gebodene.

ik vind hem in ieder geval beter dan de sub200 zelf maar begrijp mij goed, alles vanaf de sub300 en hoger is voor mij het echte werk beginnend met die geweldige 300 serie… :+1:

Misschien wel leuk.
De man achter mijn nieuwe Aquastar

How a Star Was Re-Born, a Letter from Rick Marei on Aquastar

It’s good to be back, even though I was never actually gone…

For those who don’t know me, my name is Rick Marei, and for almost 20 years, WatchuSeek was my 2nd home, as it was from these very pages that I brought the DOXA brand to life. I particularly enjoyed the early days of online watch collecting here, and even since social media has appeared, WatchUseek has always been home for me and hundreds of thousands of fellow watch enthusiasts. I’d like to offer a special thanks to everyone here, the old veterans, and the new Watchuseekers, and thanks to WatchUseek for the trip down memory lane some 20 years ago when I created the first official watch brand forum on WatchuSeek and therein made my first post about the release of the first DOXA SUB re-edition.

This is my story.

In 1999, I searched the phone book for the makers of Aquastar, dialed the number and spoke to a gentleman by the name of Gaston Seinet. I enquired about spare parts for my Benthos collection and one thing led to another, and soon we were talking about how the Internet will change the world and whether he would be interested in a collaboration, where I would help create an ecommerce business model for Aquastar. A few conversations later, I was extremely disappointed when Mr. Seinet said something that I won’t forget: “I am a sailor and a boat with two captains is destined to sink.” Mr. Seinet added, “we are based in Geneva and you are based in Vienna, a collaboration on such a distance won’t work.” Mr. Seinet finished, “we will build our website and e-commerce offering and if we need your help, we will contact you.” My disappointment in that moment was devastating, not knowing how this would end up 20 years later…

A few months later, I was speaking to the sales manager at DOXA about a similar e-commerce concept, and suddenly, ten years had passed, and although I never forgot my Benthos, I didn’t have any time or resources to accommodate another brand. My professional life during those years was consumed with the re-birth and development of the DOXA SUB, which would soon go on to achieve the global notoriety it deserved.

Fast forward to 2019, where, in addition to DOXA, I’d revived a collection of other interesting watch brands once lost to the annuls of history – brands like Aquadive, ISOfrane, and most recently, the legendary TROPIC Strap. It was at this time that I made the choice to return DOXA to its owners so they could continue the journey that we started together in 2001. And it was here, where my thoughts returned to the Benthos, and to Aquastar from the beginning of my journey, some 20 years previous.

Aquastar has actually maintained a small e-commerce presence since 2001, where they focused primarily on Regatta sailing watches, which continued one facet of Aquastar’s original catalog. Under the helm of Marc and Gaston Seinet since 1983, the Seinets created and developed several generations of Regatta watches. Marc, being a sailor and extremely knowledgeable in both fields, helped Aquastar become “the regatta watch company” until 2018.

I reconnected with Mr. Seinet in late 2019 and our conversation brought us to a point where we decided to rebuild the brand’s historical presence and use the experience that we both have in the fields of watchmaking, as well as a shared love for sailing and diving.

Unfortunately, Mr. Seinet ultimately realized that he would not have enough time or resources to dedicate to this project. So, I needed resources to replace Mr. Seinet’s share. That’s where the Synchron Group stepped in and together in 2020, we made it our goal to resurrect Aquastar and bring it back to its former glory. We signed an agreement to acquire the brand, which included all the old stock, vintage tooling, along with reams of Aquastar’s historical patents and blueprints. For all of this, I owe a debt of gratitude to Mr. Seinet, who I found to be one of the most intelligent and eloquent watch personalities I have met in 25 years in the watch business. In addition to being pleasant to deal with, he possesses a great sense of humor and fairness, and deep knowledge of the watch market.

So it is here, where we now begin to tell the last great untold story of the Swiss watch world. And I’m honored you’ve chosen to join me on this new journey.

Visit Home - Aquastar dive watches for more information about the 2020 Deepstar

• Rick Marei, Synchron

8 likes

Net 10km gerend en heel toevallig een podcast geluisterd naar TGN (the gray nato): hele aflevering een interview naar deze man. Gaaf hoor.

3 likes

Wat leuk! Ga ik zoeken.

Ja kende het verhaal van Rick maar bedankt voor het delen. Erg mooi horloge!!!

DOXA-post

Lekker hoor de Poseidon op MN :grinning:

15 likes