Van harte! mooie aanwinst.

1 like

Prachtige aanwinst. Geniet ervan.:+1:

1 like

Mooie aanwinst, veel draagplezier!!

1 like

Prachtig! Veel plezier er mee!

1 like

wat een geweldig horloge is dit weer,de wishlist is in een week tijd 2 pagina’s langer geworden

2 likes

Nomos voor het volk! Uitstekende keuze, al zou de 38 mij grappig genoeg te groot zijn, want de lugs op de Club 36 pasten mij maar net.

Groeten van z’n kleine donkere neefje:

Maar welk uurwerk zit hierin? Wat heeft je deze versie doen kiezen? Ik vind deze kleurstelling, net als die van @Captaingingerbeardd versie, fantastisch.

2 likes

Volgens mij alpha

Je laat me blozen :blush::joy:

3 likes

Mooi zeg, lekker fris. Groeten van de dark side, mijn Nomos Club Nosferatu -zoals hij door een mede forumlid genoemd werd :smiley:

4 likes

:point_up:

Ik zie altijd vampiertandjes in die lange lugs :vampire: Maar ik vind hem erg mooi :ok_hand:

2 likes

Why is the California dial named the California Dial?

The short answer is that no-one knows. There are a few theories that have been tossed around the forums but at the moment that’s all they are, theories.

THEORY NO. 1: CALIFORNIANS JUST LOVED THE MIXED NUMERALS IN THE 1930S AND 1940S
During the heyday of the ‘California dial’ when Rolex were producing a lot of bubble backs with it, it was apparently popular in California. The distributors of Rolex realized this and as it became a fashion icon in high demand in the Golden State, these dials were nicknamed ‘California’

THEORY NO. 2: CALIFORNIA DEALERS IN THE 1980S WERE SELLING LOTS OF WATCHES WITH THIS DIAL
Vintage watch dealers in the 1980s based on Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles were selling lots of bubble back watches with the half and half dials. These California dealers began to let other dealers across the country know that they were seeking more half and half dials to sell to clients. Over time, these dials gained the California

THEORY NO. 3: A CALIFORNIA DIAL REFINISHER IN THE 1970S WORKED ON A LOT OF HALF AND HALF DIALS
This theory comes from James Dowling, famed watch author and dealer. Someone asked a question about California dials on a Timezone forum and Mr. Dowling responded with his theory of the origins of the California name.

In the 1970s, when the vintage watch boom started, a LA based dial refinisher, Kirk Rich, did some dials with this design. They became popular & many vintage watch stores in California sent their dials to KR. So dealers in the rest of the US & the rest of the world began to call them the ‘California’ dial

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to find the original forum thread. This quote is taken from a post written by the original asker of the question. I emailed Kirk Rich about the James Dowling quote and they responded with:

As per your inquiry about the “California dial”, yes, we indeed did coin the phrase for this type of dial refinish. Around the late 70’s early 80’s customers would ask us for the “California dial” when requesting a refinish. Basically it was because it was easier than saying “Roman Arabic” when describing the mixed number printing. Roman numerals on top with Arabic at bottom. We were pushing a lot of these so much that people from all around would just ask for the California dial when sending us work.
I am the third generation here at the company. My father Lou is the current owner of the company. He has been working here since the late 70’s. Before him my grandfather owned and operated it since the 1950’s. The company has been around since 1926. We are and have been the oldest and leading dial restoration business in the world ever since then.
Thank you very much for writing us and asking us about this. It’s always been a quiet pride of ours about the California dial. Not many people know about it and very few ask us about it.
So there it is, the mystery of the California dial solved. Theory number three was correct and the name comes from a popular dial refinisher from the 1970s. Is there more to this story that I haven’t covered? Absolutely. There will be other sides to the story and probably someone who swears blidn that it was them who coined the term California dial, not Kirk Rich. So is the way of the world.

3 likes

Bijzonder! En mooi! Van harte!

1 like

Heel erg mooi! Gefeliciteerd :+1:t2:

1 like

De mooiste uitvoering. Gaaf hoor!!!

1 like

Inderdaad de Alpha handopwinder, na 24 uur liep hij 2 sec voor, wow :slight_smile:
Verder vooral voor de looks gegaan bij de Club, maar jou Neomatik is ook fantastisch zeg! Vooral met de crownguards erg fraai.

1 like

Ook heel fraai! en lekker zomers op een Nato :wink: