Eentje binnen deel 2

Op verzoek wat foto’s van de Seiko 6119-6053 die ik afgelopen week heb overgenomen van Roeland (NaviGator hier op het forum).

Roeland heeft me een superhorloge verkocht. Echt zo goed als nieuw. En ik ben er heel blij mee! Het is een horloge dat -zoals al geschreven- bij zeilwedstrijden werd gebruikt. Onder de foto zal ik het stuk plaatsen dat Roeland voor WUS heeft geschreven over ditzelfde horloge.

Het horloge kwam met een band die me niet past. Op zoek naar een oplossing, merkte ik dat de lugafstand 19mm is. Net als bijvoorbeeld bij de roemruchte 6105. Gelukkig had ik not een 19mm band liggen. Maar geloof me, die staat er niet bij. Ik vind dat bij zo’n horloge iets ‘hippie-achtigs’ Daarvan ook een foto hieronder.

Roelands perfecte review, met uitleg van de functies:

[b]Brand
Seiko

Model Number
Seiko 5 Sports 6119 6053

Official or unofficial Nickname
I’m not aware of any nickname, but if i would be asked to name it, i would call it the “Seiko Sailor”. Why will become clear when we get to the bezel.

Overview
I found this Seiko on the net. The pictures on the website were very vague, but after some trial and error i could reconstruct the model nr and was able to track a similar watch on the 'bay. This allowed me to see what it really looked like. It immediately appealed to me and as the seller didn’t live that far away, i went over to her place to check out the watch.
It turned out to be near mint - exept for some extremely minor spotting on the hour hand that is only visible under a certain angle - so i bought it, as the asking price was very reasonable.

Movement

• 6119 automatic wind movement
  • 21 jewels
  • non hacking
  • non hand winding
  • quickset day/date (quickset of the day by pressing the crown, date correction by winding the crown)
  • not yet chrono tested but apparently running ever so slightly slow

Case review

I don’t know what a case like this would be called. It has a very particular shape, which i guess you either like or you don’t. I do.

Width (L to R): 40mm
Diagonal: 54mm
Height (lug to lug): 45mm
Total Thickness: 11mm
Bezel: 41mm

The case back reads:

“Seiko”
“Stainless Steel 6119 - 6053 Water Resistant”
"278832"
"Japan"
The crown (at 4) is nearly completely hidden in the case.

Dial and hands

• Silver dial

• Silver hour & minute hands with white inlay (maybe luminescent in the past, but not anymore)

• orange second hand

• white hour markers

• in very small font it says "Japan 6119 -6050s

crystal

The crystal is flawless. No scratches visible. It is slightly domed, starting 1mm above the bezel.

bracelet/strap

Seiko bracelet in very good condition, but i’m not 100% sure it belongs to this watch. I have read somewhere that the original bracelets on this kind of case would widen just below the lugs. The clasp is signed Seiko, in bas-relief. The inside of the clasp is marked with “STL Stelux” and “All stainles steel”.

bezel

It is a double bezel watch:

• inner bi-directional plastic bezel, under the crystal, showing 12 hours, 4 in blue, the rest in green. This bezel is moved by turning the crown when fully pushed in.

• outer bi-directional bezel, showing 60 minutes:

• 0-10: from warning sign to start sign of a sailing regatta
    • 11-20: 10 minutes counted from start sign (if not past starting line after this, you are counted as a non starter)
    • 21-60: to complete 1hr

Special Features

The watch is Water Resist up to 70m, quite a strange depth, but regular for the 6119’s.

Closing opinion

It’s not a regular looking watch, but i like the style a lot. I’ll wear it, but only if i’m quite sure it’s safe to do so. I’d like to keep it looking the way it does now.[/b]

Het bandje dat ik op het oog heb, staat hieronder. Ik heb Harold Ng (Yobokies) al een mailtje gestuurd, maar itt andere mails, heeft hij dit keer nog niet gereageerd.

Wat een schitterend horloge! Jouw foto’s tonen de kleuren veel beter. Ik heb al verschillende horloges laten passeren, gewoon omdat op de foto’s niet te zien was hoe mooi het horloge feitelijk is/was. Die stalen band staat er vast erg goed bij. (tu)

Mijn beste,

Je verwent ons met deze scherpzinnige foto’s, wel erg op deze winterse Zondag.
Het blijft immers aangenaam kijken naar die Seiko!!
Met name de wijzerplaat in de fraaie kleurstelling maken van dit horloge een weldaad om te zien en om te dragen.

Orologio Signaturis Temporis.B)-

fraai horloge

wtb het bandje, Henrik heeft een 19mm tropic bandje te koop staat

gr,

Vncnt

Je hebt een schitterende Seiko gevangen, vriend! (tu):wink:

Ik baal dat ik twijfelde…

De kleuren zijn zo inderdaad nog een stuk beter, nogmaals van harte met deze leuke aanwinst.

Hij is echt heel erg mooi! Gefeliciteerd met je aanwinst!