Oude vintage

Van deze kwam ik deze tegen op marktplaats. Vandaag thuis gestuurd gekregen via de post. Angelus, geen chrono, maar toch een leuke van een goed merk.
Wat is volgens jullie het bouwjaar? En de waarde van zo een vintage?
Het merk Angelus spreekt mij enorm aan vandaar deze aankoop voor de collectie.

1 like

Mooie vintage. Misschien kun je onder het balanswiel een logo of wat nummers vinden die aangeven welk uurwerk het is.
Ik vermoed dat de centrale secondewijzer mist.

mvg Melvin

Melvin, wat betreft de secondewijzer dacht ik dit eigenlijk ook. Gezien het gaatje op de wijzers. Maar ik wist het niet zeker. Uurwerk heeft geen nummer. In de deksel staat aan de binnenkant wel 738 geslagen?

Inderdaad leuke vroege Angelus. Ik denk begin jaren 50. Mist helaas de secondenwijzer maar met btje geluk is het kwestie van nieuwe wijzer aanbrengen en klaar.

Het nummer 738 is iets wat bij de kast hoort, zoals een referentienummer. Helaas niet met het uurwerk.
Ik kan het uurwerk niet herkennen,omdat er te weinig unieke eigenschappen zijn. Het is in ieder geval geen Angelus, maar dat is niet zo vreemd. Ze hadden zich voornamelijk toegelegd op chrono’s en daar in-house uurwerken voor ontwikkeld.

Lijkt me ook jaren vijftig.

Even een tip, zet je flits uit als je foto’s maakt van je horloge en zorg voor meer omgevingslicht.

Bedankt voor de tip, ga ik volgende keer proberen.

Waar zou ik een wijzer kunnen vinden?

Thijs Kremers Schreef:

Waar zou ik een wijzer kunnen vinden?

Dan moet je eerst achterhalen welk uurwerk erin zit en er dan een via bv ebay te kopen maar het beste is hem naar een horlogemaker brengen, alleen een wijzer plaatsen zal niet veel kosten.

uhhmmm, niet echt leuk om kritisch te zijn over een nieuwe aanwinst, het is een leuk horloge en het merk Angelus is zeker erg interessant; maar je hebt ietsje meer nodig als een wijzer; er ontbreekt de as/rondsel van de sekondewijzer, het friktieveertje (plus schroefje) en het aandrijfwiel (hopelijk is de verlengde as van het 3e rad niet afgebroken)
En heel eerlijk gezegd herken ik het uurwerk niet als een Angelus manufaktuur kaliber…

Paul

1 like

Das niet zo mooi inderdaad. Ga er een horlogemaker naar laten kijken.
Bedankt voor de tip. Dat zal dus ook wel de reden zijn dat de secondewijzer eraf is.

even in de oude boeken gesnuffeld: het uurwerkje is volgens mij een 10,5 lijns Lavina 56SS kaliber:

je ziet de ontbrekende delen op het plaatje, sorry…

Voor een Angelus met zo’n soort uurwerkje moet je zoeken naar een kaliber 216 (mooi groot uurwerkje) of een 251 (ietsje kleiner, maar ook nog leuk) in het archief (of met de zoekfunktie) vind je vast nog wel een paar leuke fotootjes van diverse Angelus vintage horloges.

Paul

Hello all!
Sadly, I just speak English, so I apologize for that.
I write a large article about Angelus at the moment, with a movement / caliber catalog as attachment. I would love to print this Paulson pic of Lavina 56 movement there. Dear Paul K, is this ok with you? I will credit you in the article as copyright owner.
I have all other wrist watch movements and most clock and pocket watch movements.
Thanx!
Chris

@Paul_K

Hello Chris,
no problem if you want to use the Paulson scan, I don’t hold the copyright to it.
Also: if you do a “Angelus” search on this forum you will find a few older posts with some detailed movement pics (210 single pusher, 253 moonphase, 240 alarm wristwatch) feel free to use these also.
Where can we read your article?
Cheers,
Paul
@flowert: thanks for pointing me to this post! :+1:

1 like

@flowert : thank you very much for contacting Paul! I did not know how to do it.
@Paul_K: Thank you so much! Your Paulson’s catalog is super rare, I am looking already for it for a long time.

Actually there is one more Angelus movement which could be in the Paulson and nowhere else: Cal. 123. I do have a picture from cal 123 (from Roland Ranfft) but just from the dial side.

I also would love to compare the 56 with the picture of the 120 in Paulson’s catalog, maybe you can also find this cal. in the book. These three movement calibers are almost identical and all 10,5 lines.
All three were also manifactured by Lavine, possibly in cooperation with Angelus, because just these three are listed in parts catalogs also for Angelus. The later movement calibers, which Angelus used in their watches (ETA, Phenix, AS) are never listed under Angelus in parts catalogs.

The chronographs and their ,relatives" are all already in my picture collection. Just from the smalles eight-day wristwatch-movement and some pocket watch movements I still need the original cal. numbers of Angelus (besides the pictures of the three movements mentioned above).

My article will be published in Klassik Uhren, Germany. I researched quite a lot, also on serial numbers and changes in logo design.
Best wishes and many thanks!
Chris

1 like

Hi Chris,
unfortunately there are no Angelus wristwatch-movements nor pics of the Lavina 120 or123 in Paulson’s; here’s the complete scan of the 10.5 ligne series (at least a better quality as the camera shot):

It will be difficult to find out if these movements were completely made for Angelus by Lavina, or that Lavina supplied them as ebauches

Re the caliber numbers: I notice that only in the Flume Angelus calibers are named as 120/123 etc; other partbooks only list them as “Angelus 56” (Bestfit also gives the 56 as interchangable with Lavina 56/120)…Bestfit also list the ETA/AS etc calibers under Angelus…just adding some confusion :smile:

Looking forward to your article in Klassik Uhren, I will certainly try to get an “Einzelheft”!

Dear Paul,
thank you very, very much!
This is very interesting.
Because Flume is very reliable and lists the 123 and 120 also for Angelus, I am convinced that these are actually different movement calibers. The 56 has interchangeable parts and is only in Paulson and Bestfit, however, I am shure that the 56 is a different version of the 120. I just bought a bunch of Angelus and Lavina movements and will compare them to find out more.
I already found a version that is a bit different to the 56 (one screw less than in the 56 near the crown wheel) - I am sure that it is the 120 (its now on Dr Ranffts pages).
I am quite sure that all three movements are different versions of one caliber, possibly improved two times with tiny changes. The parts where listed for all three, although just one version was built at a time. It would make no sense to have three 10,5 ligne sweep seconds movements.

I will post more soon, best wishes and many, many thans!
Chris

@Paul_K
Hi again!
One more question: From which year is your Paulsons catalog? So I can add the bibliographical info in my article.
The Angelus/Lavina 56 confusion will probably never be cleared. So I will simply list both numbers, adding that they might be the same caliber.
The additional screw in the crown wheel bridge, shown in the Paulsons’s picture might be a hint, that this cal 56 was an improved version of the 120, because I do own a watch movement of this calibre design, which does not have this additional screw yet.
Best regards!
Chris