Seiko codering

Wie kan mij vertellen wat de Seiko codering rechts van het kalibernummer betekenen??

Bedankt alvast :slight_smile:

1 like

Ik heb onderstaand gevonden over een Seiko 5. Ik neem aan dat dit hetzelfde is voor alle Seiko’s :wink:

It is 37mm wide and 11mm thick
- The day is changed by pushing the crown in
- The day is bi-lingual. That means it is in both English and German, with e.g. the German version being jumped over at every change
- A Seiko serial number tells one the year and month of production: the first digit shows the year (without the decade) and the second shows the month. The decade needs to be found out from other indicators
- It has metal day and date rings. The rings in the Seiko 5’s where plastic after around 1990. This helped me work out the decade of production
- The model number stamped on the watch back is in the form XXXX-YYY where XXXX is the caliber and YYYY denotes the watch body. For this watch it’s 7009-876A
- It has a caliber 7009 day/date movement, 17 jewels, 21600 Bph. According to the sources I found, this movement was used in Seiko 5s from 1980 until it was replaced by the 7S26 in the late 80s. This nailed down the decade and let me deduce the exact month of production
- The watch I own was produced in May 1983
- Under the 6 on the watch face (Very small) are two numbers: XXXX (left) and ZZ ZZ Z Z (right). Again, XXXX indicates the caliber whereas ZZ ZZ Z Z denotes the watch face itself. For this watch it is 7009 and 21 44 R 2.

1 like

kijk das al veel dichter bij de zaak!!! Thanks!!!

1 like