Vond deze scam op een ander horlogeforum

Er wordt gesproken over ‘Andy S’ iemand die bekend is op het ATG forum en die zijn foto’s daar al eens gepubliceerd had. De schrijver van onderstaand epistel herkende de foto’s…

Dus hieruit blijkt dat de truc om te googelen op een adres (street view) dus ook al niet meer werkt…

I have been searching for a certain chronograph .A WTB ad on Chronotrader resulted in a certain Mike Williams sending me a good set of pics of Andy S’s chronograph with an address in York City (nice little two up two down terrace googled)and a bank account to transfer funds-of course I requested the watch photographed with certain date and time and of course heard nothing more.End of story(or so I thought!).

Got mail with the chance of acquiring an example of this watch again from very legit source(being vague here as internet walls have really good ears!!) and was starting the deal and a certain Andrew Shearer sent me pics and bank address to send funds…Swindon this time(did not google house but a few of these “deals” would buy a palace!)…very exotic name on bank account and thought immediately of Nigeria…daft thing was as before, the serial number to back did not match the serial number on the example I was offered! and checking with the seller revealed it was not the watch but how did this guy get into the deal?? How does this happen? The correspondence was discreet and I am guessing, the scam is triggered by watch name? Is this scammer in my computer of in the watch site system? I am really p****d off as I am fairly smart but so close to sending funds in the attempt to secure desired watch…So there you have it-Andrew Shearer or whoever you want to be, is out there and just waiting to deal the deal of your dreams… nice guy!Be very aware…

Blijkt maar weer dat je niet voorzichtig genoeg kan zijn. Ik koop dan ook geen (duurdere) horloges zonder de gelegenheid ze in persoon te zien. Foto’s kunnen nog zo mooi zijn, maar toch niets zeggen. Overigens is vragen om foto’s met een bepaalde datum/tijd een goede tip.