Welke horloge is dit? Mitt Romney!

Op een ander forum zijn ze op zoek naar dit horloge. Er zijn al een aantal merken gepasseerd maar de juiste is nog niet gevonden.Nixon, NB Yeager zijn al genoemd.

Weten jullie het??

Het horloge ken ik niet. Het lijkt op de foto wel of hij het kind keihard knijpt en daar ook nog schik in heeft. :smiley:
Hoop toch dat Ombama nog 4 jaar aanblijft.

dreski Schreef:

Hoop toch dat Ombama nog 4 jaar aanblijft.

Yep, Obama moet het doen.
Eng volk, die Republikeinen…

Smakeloos, bij de rest van zijn outfit… net als de man zelf(td)

Haha. Ik ben geen voorstander van Mitt Romney hoor. Het gaat om het horloge.
Het is duidelijk dat er een voorkeur voor Obama is. Romney knijpt kinderen, lacht er dan ook nog om, smakeloos gekleed etc…

Mijn inziens is de juiste wel gevonden in onderstaand topic. De Nixon .

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/watch-does-mitt-romney-wear-706415.html

Nixon. What’s in a name:D

marijn Schreef:

Mijn inziens is de juiste wel gevonden in
onderstaand topic. De Nixon .

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/watch-does-mitt-ro
mney-wear-706415.html

Lijkt me ook. Al had ik verwacht dat hij met zijn budget wat anders zou dragen. Komt hij “het volk” tegemoet…?

Dat je veel geld hebt wil nog niet zeggen dat je ook goede smaak hebt…

dreski Schreef:

Het horloge ken ik niet. Het lijkt op de foto wel
of hij het kind keihard knijpt en daar ook nog
schik in heeft. :smiley:

(:smiley:

Bert1 Schreef:

marijn Schreef:

Mijn inziens is de juiste wel gevonden in
onderstaand topic. De Nixon .

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/watch-does-mitt-ro

mney-wear-706415.html

Lijkt me ook. Al had ik verwacht dat hij met zijn
budget wat anders zou dragen. Komt hij "het volk"
tegemoet…?

Het is helemaal hot in de VS om als politicus met een goedkoop horloge te lopen. De Secretary of the Treasury draagt een Timex van een paar tientjes.
Op zich ook wel logisch na al die ophef in Rusland over Putin en Kirill I en hun horloge keuzes. Anderzijds, het benadrukt maar weer eens dat alles nep is in de politiek op hoog niveau.

Het zal wel gaan om de naam Nixon.Was ook al zo’n “engeneel” uit de zelfde stal.

Ook een soort hommage. :sunglasses:

Elf.

Het is de NIXON The Private SS.

NicoB)-

Een beetje aansluitend hierop…

[quote]Why Some Investment Bankers Like To Wear Swatch

At first, I couldn’t quite decipher what it was about some fellow bankers and them proudly wearing Swatch watches that gave me the creeps. I just had the feeling that something unusual was at play. Sure enough, it didn’t take long for me to learn that my suspicions were warranted.

Something as seemingly trivial as wearing a ‘relatively’ inexpensive watch can have deep-seated motivations. Now, before I move on, I just want to be straight with you: I’ve got nothing against Swatch watches. In fact, I own a few and I love the way they look. What the heck, I’m lying: in fact I own a collection of them.

What disturbs me is the way Swatch watches are worn by people like Mario, an Italian Managing Director people referred to as ‘linguini head’ because of his curls.

Super Mario

I don’t need to get into a discussion surrounding the interplay of the things we wear, fashion statements, wealth and perception. Most of us will agree that, on average, young women will find a guy sitting behind the wheels of a Ferrari Testarossa more attractive than a similar looking guy driving a Honda Civic. And, like it or not, many bankers have the means to look and dress affluent, irrespective of whether the aim is to attract the opposite sex, exude power or satisfy some personal fetish.

In a rare twist of nature, however, sometimes a banker will try to give off that signal of affluence by doing something a little off the beaten path of the traditional banker. He’ll put aside the Piaget and Rolex and strap on a Swatch.

That was Mario. And trust me it wasn’t because he particularly like Swatches for what they were, their style or their mechanics. It was the ‘I’m-an-MD-wearing-a-freaking-Swatch-watch-take-that’ reason.

Linguini head had a collection of a least 9 watches from what I remembered. All seriously expensive. All giving off the ‘wow’ factor. Please note, ‘wow’ can be interpreted many ways: ‘wow, he must be rich!’; or ‘wow, what a waste of money!’; or ‘wow, he must have a tiny @*£%$’. Point is, these were £10k+ watches. But every once in a while Mario wore a Swatch watch. A plain black Swatch watch.

Swatch me baby

I wish I could have commissioned a psychologist to study Mario’s brain activity under two different circumstances.

Subject: Mario
Setting: sitting at a conference table with his watch nicely visible
Scenario 1: wearing a Rolex
Scenario 2: wearing a Swatch watch
Stimulus: catching someone looking at his watch

I guarantee the pleasure center of his brain would not only show high levels of excitement in the first scenario but also the second. Perhaps even more in the latter. I’ll never forget the twinkle in his eyes the first time he caught me looking. He probably ran home and made love to his wife for the first time in over 5 months as a result.

Ciao ragazzo!

On the rare occasions Mario did wear a Swatch he tried hard to catch your eye, either by wittingly moving his right hand and wrist or by staring at his watch long enough to draw you in.

And I couldn’t help but think to myself, this cheeseball is actually getting a buzz from wearing a Swatch. The notion that he is presently wearing a $50 watch despite earning millions a year in bonus money probably excites him. He’s gotten to a point where wearing expensive watches has pretty much reached its limit so now he has taken it to the next level: wearing cute, relatively inexpensive ones.

Mamma mia!

Read more:
http://www.businessinsider.com/an-investment-banker-and-his-swatch-2012-9#ixzz28Pymi4iZ
[/quote]

Ik ben overigens niet zo’n Mitt-hater. Maar dat terzijde… :slight_smile: