RdB microbrand, from Italy

Hello everyone!

We’re currently working on a one off M24.

The customer has chosen everything on the watch, with the exception of the mouvement. Case material, finishing, dial made in one off design, custom hands and indices, unique strap and box set.

Custom engravings also.

We’re very happy to give this full customization possibility, these watches have the S serial.

We’re also waiting for a small lot of bronze M24s and titanium M27s.

Hi everyone!

a bunch of very special watches are coming in the next weeks!

as a preview, see this custom made one off bronze dial studied for an ambidextrous M24:

1 like

Molto bello!

Thanks a lot!

Apparently I missed this altogether. Interesting concept, it’s hard to come up with an original idea so I applaud the effort. :slight_smile:

That said, two comments:

1. It looks like an absolute brutish toolwatch and yet it’s only 50m WR and there are no anti-magnetic specs on the site, so it feels like it has more bark than bite. I prefer that the other way around, honestly.

2. The site does not talk about the thickness of the thing, but in keeping with a lot of Italian watch design it seems a bit biggish and top-heavy. Can you comment on the height? If my suspicion is correct, how about making the lugs a bit more elegant and shaving a good few mm’s off the slab sided case?

1 like

Dit bedoel je?

Staat ongeveer 15 berichten omhoog :wink:

1 like

Da’s veel dunner dan ze er uit zien. Of ben ik nou kippig?

Italiaans polsje misschien? :innocent:
Jammer van dat brons, en die nieuwe wijzerplaat is ook niet mijn kopje cappuccino, maar verder goed bezig daar!

:point_up: This. Why wouldn’t you add a screw-down crown? And I think you should add end links with a flush fit to the case :man_shrugging:

3 likes

Blijft één van de beste scenes uit die film, met Landa die vloeiend bezig gaat. :joy:

1 like

Hi, M24 thickness is around 8,5 mm with a 50 mm lug to lug.

Strong profile but a good fit on small wrists also.

This is shot in a 16 cm wrist:

5 ATM WR is in our opinion a standard number for a watch not designed for diving.

The diver version will surely come in the near future.

2 likes

Nice stuff is coming in the next weeks :sunglasses:

4 likes

Update after months in which we were persecuted by the blackest bad luck from the constructive point of view, with some photos of pieces ready for assembly, to complete the M24 / M27 range.

Given our motto (“Iron Will”), after all we could not give up …

In addition to the 316 stainless steel versions, the CuSn12 bronze, commonly used in industrial applications for sintered bushings, is added:

The type of surface finish is chosen by the customer.

Titanium grade 5, the most used alloy in general mechanical applications:

Also here surface finish is buyer’s choice.

Finally, Ergal EN AW 7075, an aluminum alloy mainly used for mechanical components in aeronautics and motorcycles:

This material allows a degree of extreme customization, I would dare to say unique in the watch scene: through anodic oxidation the surfaces can be treated by donating any color on the RAL chart, or reproduce patterns of almost any type of surface finish (sandblasting, shot blasting, brushing etc. ).

The unique shape of the case (9 parts of which 8 visible from the outside) also allow contrasts that are impossible to obtain on printed case watches (for example, contrast coloured lugs). This specific example, in delivery to a passionate Scottish, will be anodized in shiny black body and red lugs.

Last but not least, this is an extreme material for lightness (under 100 g of weight, the steel equivalent for an M27 approaches 190 g).

My dream is a small Ergal limited edition anodized in gold and green for Lotus Cars, of which we are hardcore fans.

thanks and stay tuned for the assembled pieces in a few days.

11 likes

See the back of a titanium M27: engravings are now fully customizable:

4 likes

Hi there, some tasty updates this month:

Here a M24 with a clean dial, with different indices and a single brand logo on it.

Per coloro a cui piacciono le storie For those who like stories, this dial ( the so called “Genesi”) was the original one fitted on the first test press Watches back in 2003…

We still have a small lot it these dials.

Hands also are the original ones.

The side of the case is now clean, without the M24 engraving:

The back of the case is now completely custom engraved:

8 likes

Best looking one so far!

1 like

With pride we present the Ergal version of our Italian timepiece entirely manufactured in Brianza.

Why the ergal?

Aluminum 7075 is a particular alloy derived from the corresponding material used in the aeronautic field.
In more commercial applications, it is usually used for various sectors in the field of Motorsport for example for racing bicycle frames, motorcycle parts, bolts and spacers for cars … etc. etc.

Its peculiar characteristics: it is the lightest aluminum alloy and, from the mechanical point of view, more resistant to impact, stress, weight and torsion. It is also the aluminum alloy less subject to “thermodilatation” and therefore more suitable for use in outdoor environments.

The industrial derivation of ErrediBi and our passion for the world of motors and Motorsport (to which the timepiece is inspired) have led us to mature the idea of ​​using this material for the construction of each component of the watch (only the crown is in aisi 316).

We do not hide that the doubts were many, a Ergal M27 nut weighs just over 20g … less than half of the titanium grade 5 correspondent!

The risk of creating a case very light, but almost inconsistent on the wrist scared us a lot … I must say that instead the result went well beyond expectations and we are proud to offer it today as a spearhead of our current range of watches.

In the watchmaking field, beyond some details like bezels, there are no uses of this material for the entire case except in a very illustrious precedent (the Conquistador of Franck Müller a few years ago).

Now let’s talk about the photos, the peculiarity of the material is the possibility of anodic oxidation in virtually any color.
The peculiarity of the M27 then, that is the case in 9 pieces assembled mechanically together, allows unthinkable contrasts for watches with printed case, in fact guaranteeing a top level personalization experience.

The inner case and the rear ring have been left in raw Ergal, external case (nut) and black oxidized bezel, lugs and inner bague in glossy red.

The contrast created, which will please or turn up your noses, has been suggested by a recent Ducati naked.
The hands in this case have been changed on customer’s request.
The back case is engraved with the Customer’s specifications and watch reference.

Strap is a black suede homemade piece, with red seams on it.

I remember that the M27 has a case with a diameter of 41 mm, thickness of 12 mm.

The weight, including the strap, is only 55 g.

Motorized ETA as usual.

The lug to lug measures 53 mm, on a wrist 19 the effect is this:

Let me have your thoughts, have a nice evening.

9 likes

Het wordt tijd dat RdB zich, als tegenprestatie wellicht, gaat afvragen of ze geen forumsponsor zouden moeten zijn :wink:

Bravo!

Very nice, especially the smaller sized watch, somehow it looks better proportioned overall.
The logo of the wrench tool does not look as clean. As Hour indices it looks somehow better.
I think the dial would look more coherent if the logo was a bolt as well, bringing the case shape to the dial.
If this somehow makes sense? Perhaps the bolt size can be printed then inside the logo, which would remove the need of the letters at the 4-5 hour, giving a less busy dial design.
imho, the wrench tool as hour indices at 12 and 6 looks cool and makes for a nice signature design!