Renovatie schoonmaakmachine Elma Junior; help!

Als ik het goed begrijp ‘slipt’ de electro motor op tweede wieltje? Hoort hier ook geen snaar omheen of zitten die twee echt tegen elkaar aan?

Edit:
Je kan is proberen een klein elastiekje erom te doen (zo’n loom dingetje). Anders even naar de schoenmaker en een stukje rubber vragen of een binnenband van een fiets, op maat knippen en erin lijmen.
Of een ringetje kopen natuurlijk maar das niet zo leuk he :sweat_smile:

Ze zitten dan inderdaad tegen elkaar aan, als ik het wieltje er tegenaan druk dan draait deze ook maar met enorme herrie. Ik denk dat het met elastiekjes ook zou kunnen werken maar ik neem aan dat dit niet blijft zitten.

Misschien met rubberen afdichting ringen, zoals je ze wel eens in een kraan tegenkomt. Of een oliekeerring in de goede maat die past op het wieltje?

Bij Conrad een hele doos voor iets meer dan een tientje…

Even modellen in CAD en laten 3d printen? Kost tegenwoordig bijna niks meer.

Dat is inderdaad misschien een idee, en dan gewoon meerdere ringen op een rij zodat het niet gaat schuiven. Ik vraag me dan alleen af of die ringen dan niet gaan slippen…

1 like

Het ziet er uit als een simpele vorm maar het geheel is compleet van metaal en bevat ook een kogellager, dus 3D printen gaat hem denk ik niet worden. Maar bedankt voor de tip.

1 like

wat @lassale al aangaf… een “o-ring” je kunt eens bij een “hydrauliekboer” naar binnen stiefelen, of bij een autogarage, of een motorzaak… grote kans dat ze daar een passend ringetje hebben…

'k had in Italië met mijn motor ooit een versleten o-ring in mijn koppeling, die het dus niet meer deed… nou en… ik schakel zonder, alleen bij stoplichten is het lastig… optrekken op de startmotor… “hybride” dus… in Bolzano gewoon bij een Hydrauliek groothandel naar binnen gestiefeld…en 10 minuutjes later zat de boel weer in elkaar en kon ik door…

Wat ook nog een optie is… “aandrijfsnaar” dat is rubbersnoer waar men aandrijfsnaartjes voor draaibankjes van maakt… 't spul kun je zelf lassen… door de eindjes te smelten en tegen elkaar te drukken… kun je ook de andere snaren opfrissen…

1 like

Ok, dan ga ik morgen maar eens een paar zaken af op zoek naar rubber!

de drogist kun je overslaan… daar hebben ze alleen heel dun rubber… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 like

Gelukt, de lokale bouwmarkt had een doos met O-ringen dus ik heb twee dikke ringen gezocht om de geul op te vullen. Morgen ga ik hem testen…

2 likes

Hi HoroloG,

I’ve just bought an Elma Junior that needs refurbishment.
It was not working properly, all belts were missing and I think the flywheel was also not in the right position. It was dirty, so I disassembled the machine, I will start the assembly soon.
Have you also disassembled the machine during your renovation?
Can you recommend something that I should aware, etc?

I see the largest belt’s position and a smaller one also but the rest.
Can you share photos of the location of the belts?

Thanks a lot.

Hi,
I just ping again if you can help.

Better notify him this way. Geert, @HorloG, kun/wil jij bijspringen hier…?

2 likes

Maybe this will help?

Thank you,
I will deep dove into this in the weekend and will let you know the outcome :slight_smile:

1 like

Actually the problem was not with the motor but a relay. I was lucky and found a used one so I gave it a chance.
So after the replacement the machine started to work.

So the remaining thing I have to understand :

• how the re-winding mechanics work. There is a bar that I should find out how to adjust. I’m not sure if the machine is smart enough to remember the working minutes. I could make it to re-wind itself into a mid position.
  • second thing i don’t understand is that in some stages the basket is not spinning. E.g. when it changes baskets. How the machine turns off the spinning. I see that I will need 2 belt to make everything work. There is a “gear” that is connected to the engine and to the basket. Somehow it can drop the belt that is connected to the engine.

Hi Rolius,
You asked me a question on Forum A Montre.
The rewinding of the junior Elma is done by hand, pushing the head from right to left above the first jar.
I don’t understand your second question.
When the basket moves from one jar to the next, the basket doesn’t spin.
The process ends when the basket gets out of the last heating “jar”
Here is mine, a little bit different.
BD

Hu Brunod,
Thanks for your message. Unfortunately I didn’t have enough privilege to reply to your pm. :frowning:

Regarding to my second question.
When the motor works, it drives the main movement and spins the basket in the same time.
At a specific position the basket is not spinning but the main movement is working (motor works).
Somehow i that position the basket spinning is switched off and this is the thing i need to figure out.

I don’t know because I never dismantle the machine. But basically there are 3 movements :

• up and down into the jar and inside the jar, in water, out of water to expel water, and exiting the jar
  • rotate/spin left and right only into the jar
  • switching jars

'+ reset to start pushing the arm above the first left jar made by hand, seeming to load a spring to switch jars from left to right.
There must be a kind of clutch to start/stop spinning if there is only one motor.

This is the first thing. Doesn’t look to be the most serious part that has to be fine tuned.

This is the area I mentioned that looks the most invasive for me.
The green round belt spins the basket and the part it is linked to is driven by the motor. Let’s call it bearing or gear. I don’t see how it is switched off at some stages.
I hope I was clear now