Vacheron Constantin only

Ga zo door. :joy:
Maar euh, geen haast. Ik heb niet per definitie zin om hem te verkopen. Maar vooral honger naar wat anders.

3 likes

Droomhorloge. Zooo mooi!

1 like

Uuhhmmm nee dat was niet de bedoeling…

Maar ik zie de marketing-fee graag verschijnen :innocent::innocent:

2 likes

Ruil is veel leuker :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ja mooie ruil? :crazy_face:

Prachtig!

1 like

30 likes

Een van de mooiste dresswatches die er is.

1 like

Blijft prachtig!

1 like

Enkele jaren geleden heeft Kari Voutilainen een review gedaan van VC cal. 4400.
Voor de mensen die het leuk vinden, hier de integrale review.

Voor de anderen, onderaan staat een leuk plaatje :sunglasses:.

After removing the caliber 4400 from is case and taking the dial off Kari commented on construction and finish:

“The movement has a classical construction and has been conceived with servicing in mind, all components are easy to access, you don’t need to take the whole movement apart to service or replace the necessary parts. Top quality materials have been used, from the metal of the components to the jewels. I personally would have preferred having not one large bridge but smaller ones. This is however a question of taste and maybe not possible due to certain areas which are too thin to have separate bridges. A large bridge can also be a bit trickier to place correctly as visibility is lower and gears can be damaged if not placed correctly. The bridges are screwed in and not placed on pegs which is the sign of high a quality movement".

"Vacheron Constantin has decided to jewel many parts, even those which are not traditionally jeweled, this shows great concern for a lasting movement as the less friction there is the longer lasting the parts will be.”

“Vacheron has opted for a large mainspring barrel and it is a smart move as I’m not for stacked barrels in models having a long power reserves which have long thin springs. There is a lot of friction in the latter and tear and wear is rapid. Here Vacheron has devised a special solution where the mainspring is a regular one but by placing a reverser it has managed to largely increase the power reserve. In the long term this could create some friction on some gears, I prefer a direct contact between the mainspring and the gears but if you want to have a long power reserve I prefer Vacheron’s solution to the stacked barrels one.
The keyless works are very well executed and have a good grip that I like."

"I appreciate the regulating system as well, it is well executed, by turning the screw of the balance spring stud you can easily and precisely regulate the watch without any friction.”
Kari then proceeded to regulate the watch and tested its rate on a Vibrograph testing machine.

“It’s easy to regulate and we can rapidly reach a +1/+2 seconds a day rate result, they’re not selling the watch as a chronometer? They should! The tolerances are low and the rate difference between all positions is null, the caliber shows a very stable rate in all positions and this is an excellent surprise. This regulating system is also very sturdy and in case of a shock the index regulator will not move.”

“Come and take a look at this” Kari called out to one of his watchmakers once he took the caliber out of the case and took the dial off. “Nice huh?” If this isn’t a compliment from a watchmaker known for his superlative finish then I don’t know what is!

“The Geneva waves are very well done, often the end of the stroke is less than satisfactory but here they are perfect. I particularly like the interior angles which are seen less and less and I’m impressed that Vacheron Constantin uses this method since it is quite a difficult finish execution. The interior angles are a bit too inward but it shows that they are made by hand."

The bevels are very very well done, they are consistent and regular which is a proof of good craftsmanship. I personally would have liked to see more visible thicker angles but that’s just a matter of taste.

“The perlage on the top plate under the dial is also very nice even though they are not of the same size in the centre, this could just be a design choice. Vacheron Constantin has given high aesthetic finish to parts no one other than a watchmaker who will take the watch apart can see. I’m impressed. The sunburst finish of the barrel is really well done and the screws seem to have inward angled heads which is great!”

Concluding remarks: “I’m very impressed with the movement construction and finish. The movement is easy and logical to assemble, all parts fit in perfectly. You tell me this is a base movement? Then what a base movement! Finishing a movement to be used in very small quantities is something, having a movement with this type of finish in what will be made in large amounts is something thoroughly different! The quality of this movement is much higher than what we see in other high end brands (Kari did in fact give some names that I prefer not to give out but you can imagine who he was referring to). This is the first modern caliber I see finished so well”

9 likes

Nou ja, base movement? Het zit in een horloge dat ±25k kost. Dat is iets anders dan een base movement in een horloge van ±250 euro… Dan mag het toch ook wel een beetje netjes afgewerkt zijn?

1 like

Handopwinder, 3 wijzers geen complicaties.
In Vacheron-land is dat het basis uurwerk :slight_smile:

11 likes

Het is ook maar een saai ding, niet? :joy: :love_you_gesture:

Heerlijk horloge.

6 likes

Is dit een echte VC?

Ja zeker, Phidias, een model uit de ‘90s, voorloper van de Overseas

Nee

2 likes

Zeker niet nee.

:+1:t2:

18 likes

Ik denk eraan deze te gaan verkopen. Ze is prachtig maar de Lange 1 wint het gewoon.
Morgen toch maar even dragen om te kijken wat het met me doet.

25 likes