Pontiac only

This Pontiac watch display is for sale on the NZ equivalent of marktplaats:

1 like

Je me rappelle…

non non rien n’a changé - Les Poppies

1 like

Hi Jay,

1971 … J’avais 15 ans à l’époque, on la chantais à tue-tête cette chanson. J’étais à l’internat à Anderlecht, nous étions 600 internes, mes plus belles années scolaires, Scientifiques industrielles, maths, physique, chimie, j’adorai. C’était l’époque du Flower Power, des Hippies, l’après Woodstock, que de bons souvenirs. On écoutait Paranoïd à fond, on allait voir des concerts à Forest National, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, ELP, Frank Zappa, Yes, … , et à l’Ancienne Belgique ou au Bersschouwburg, près de la Bourse. J’y ai vu Kevin Coyne en solo, inoubliable. A un moment donné, il a sorti un révolver d’enfant de sa poche, il a demandé si Will Tura était dans la salle et fait péter son arme en direction de la foule. Nous étions morts de rire. Il jouait de la guitare assis, posée sur ses jambes en se moquant gentiment d’Eric Clapton. Qu’est-ce qu’on en a vu des concerts avec mes copains, on s’est bien marré.

I didn’t answer tour first message, but I followed de story about de long T. I saw the square one for sale on Marktplaats, but let it go, lack of money. I started to buy watchmakers tools, it cost way more than Pontiac’s, damn it !

Thanks for the advert on TRADEME, very interesting.
Never bought watches in NZ, but some in Australia, from nice guy, Jason from Victoria. 4 Pontiacs and a Rocar, a sub-Brand of Rodania. Let me show them to you all fans:

Hydraulica steel Memodate, P engraved on the crystal, signed EPSA crown, 1973 - running. I swaped the strap for a Tropic Classic MK2, but I think I’ll put à Tropic Star later, a blue or a white one, with a signed buckel:

Nageur ** Antimagnetique Sub second tropical bullseye dial - PLAQUE ? - ETA 1260 - not running - mid to late ‘50:

Nageur *** Antimagnetique Sub second bullseye dial - PLAQUE G 10 - ETA 1260 - running -mid to late ‘50 but not shure:

Rocar 15 jewels - Honeycomb dial - chromed case - unknown mouvement - age unknown - running:

And finaly, one of the nicest I own, thanks Jason :slight_smile:

Nageur *** Maillot Jaune - not written on the dial but immaculate Dialite - matt dial center and glossy seconds « railway » - Gold cap 250 Micron with PF in a V stamp - steel case - signed domed crown - ETA 1080 - early ‘60 or later - running:

That’s it for today folks. Life is rock and roll …

14 likes

Just as well my wife is fluent in French so she could fill in the missing bits I didn’t get.

Wow, some of those watches appear to be brand new… great score

1 like

Some do and some don’t … :joy:

I tried to register on TRADEME to make an offer for the Pontiac display, but didn’t succeed. It’s only possible for New-Zeeland and Australia residents. Too bad …

I also put a wrong picture of the back of the Nageur **, it is more like this:

The gold plating is very damaged and the lugs are hardly worn, but the color of the dial is sublime and is not very well rendered on the picture.

Yesterday evening, I spent some time to know a bit more about « gilt dials », as I thought was the « Maillot Jaune » shown yesterday, a matte black surface with a gold print of the watch brand and model.
After reading a heated debate between collectors and watchmakers of the brand on a Rolex forum, this would not be the case, Rolex reserving the exclusivity of the denomination to some of its watches produced from the mid-fifties to in the mid-sixties.
It won’t change much in my life, so I’ll leave that to the purists, but it allowed me to know a little more about how watch dials are made, and this way we know a little more every day.
This did not prevent AK and his team from being able to offer watches with a design similar to that of more prestigious brands or his daughter Johanna to call upon renowned designers such as Rudi Meyer, creator of the 1975 Lip square watch, Bell & Ross using the same concept 20 years later.

I wish you all a beautiful sunny day.

Yves

9 likes

Eindelijk weer wat Pontiac dingen binnengekregen.

Twee doosjes

Waarom twee? Eenvoudig, omdat het twee verschillende uitvoeringen zijn

Nog een doosje

Zou daarvan ook een Nederlandse uitvoering bestaan?

Een horlogestandaard, met dank aan @Climholland die me de tip gaf.

Het is de hoge uitvoering, de lage had ik al

En alweer een doosje

Met een doosje erin

Met plaats voor het zakhorloge dat tegelijkertijd binnen gekomen is.

Ik ben vrij zeker dat het zakhorloge veel ouder is dan de doos.

En alweer een doosje

Dankzij het adres te dateren na 1945 want pas toen werd de Brusselse firma gevestigd aan de Zwaluwenstraat.

Nog wat klein grut zoals ik het noem

En uiteraard ook een paar horloges

En tenslotte een boek.

Wat dit boek met Pontiac te maken heeft? Eenvoudig, de heer Spierdijk heeft bij de fa. Kinsbergen gewerkt als chef van het atelier.
En eigenlijk had ik al een boek van hem, nl. klokken en klokkenmakers.
Wie weet ga ik ze ooit nog eens lezen :wink:

16 likes

Dat zijn heel veel en heel mooie aanwinsten Maurits.

3 likes

Dit noem ik nu verzamelen. :+1:

Die manneke pis is echt magnifique

3 likes

Och Ludo liefhebben is gelukkig niet meetbaar, of uit te drukken in aantal.
Maar het is wel fantastisch om zo’n Pontiac-tic in één overzicht te aanschouwen🤗. En dan ook nog eens in een indrukwekkende staat, zo te zien. Pet af @Yves1956

3 likes

You can’t do offers on Trademe. Message me what you are prepared to pay and I may be able to get it for you. To be fair, I told Maurits about this display a while ago when it was for sale for a much higher amount. The seller has come down in price quite a bit now. So what I am saying is that Maurits has first dibs… and I don’t want to start a war between two serious Pontiac collectors…

2 likes

Mau, the man of all the situations and surprises !

‘K sin echt ep me koute, ‘k voal dowet zou me moeder zeggen in Ostende. Mo vent toch, das schoën zeg, en ‘t Vlams van Vlissegem gezeidt. Me zin toch mo liefebers, en gelekkug menssen om me da te ziën éh. Ni woar.
Ne growet applaus vou Maurits, ‘j et echt verdient.
‘K sin ook e Pontiac liefhebber, gelek idereïen hier, e me zin echt goed bezig.

To tonne, met ander spulle’n, zekker weeten. ‘K voel me ‘t hus hier, ‘k had ierder moet’n kom.

En zoals Arno zou zeggen « Putain, putain, on est quand même tous des Européens », ‘ne Vlaming van Oostende of mischien Bredene, mais ça n’a aucune importance.

Love life folks, it’s the only way to live.

Groetjes uit Dinant,

Yves

2 likes

@ _ponTiac

There will never be anything between Maurits and me. I have a great respect for him, and I am really thankfull for what he brougth on the forum, and the most I learnd from Pontiac came from his posts. I would be glad if he can get the display, at least it would be back in Europe for a unestimated collector.
He earns it, there will be other occasions to get nice stuff like this. I prefer to know instead of to own.

Peace and love for all of us, remembre John Lennon, a real peace warrior.

Amen,

Yves

1 like

:laughing: :laughing:

'K da nie so goe as ge, meh da was a schone tet niewoar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn039dbUWuY

1 like

My first first dibs :wink: Thank you

Too great an honour and too much credit but thank you.

Ik beheers verschillende talen en versta een paar dialecten maar daar moet ik een een tijdje naar luisteren voor ik begrijp waar hij het over heeft :wink:

1 like

As a teenager I lived very close to the Belgium border and was exposed to a lot of Flamish. Love that ‘accent’.

Vandaag een aantal juwelierszakjes van Pontiac kunnen kopen! :slight_smile:

8 likes

Vandaag uit Spanje een Pontiac De Luxe horloge ontvangen, nog nooit eerder gezien, en Maurits ook niet. Het uurwerk is een AS 1903 uit de jaren 70 en er staat geen serienummer op de achterkant van het horloge wat ik nog nooit op een Pontiac horloge heb gezien.

9 likes

Slaap je Maurits, ik heb je hulp nodig.

Wauw die chrono op raceband is echt top

Gaaf om te zien hoe dit merk nog leeft! Ook wel fijn om te weten dat je niet de enige bent met een voorliefde voor deze oude horloges :laughing:

Bij dezen mijn bescheiden collectie. Vooral heel blij met de Maillot Jaune, mijn meest recente aanwinst.

8 likes